Friday, October 3, 2008

Chicken Cheese Soup

I have a weakness that grosses my sisters out, it's fake cheese! It all started in 7 th grade when I had my first taste of nachos with cheese sauce from the local 7 eleven, we have had an on and off again relationship ever since! Aimee made this soup for dinner and I remember eating it for breakfast the next morning! I could not get enough! I asked for the recipe and then it all made since...velveeta cheese!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

2 whole chickens - I use 6 or 7 chicken breast
16 c water
10 chicken bouillon cubes
2 c sliced carrots
2 c sliced celery
1 onion, chopped
1/4 c fresh parsley, chopped
2 c Minute Rice (uncooked)
1 10 oz can mild Rotel tomatoes
2 pounds velveeta cheese - cut up

Simmer the chicken and water in a large stockpot with bouillon until the meat is cooked. Remove chicken and shred. RESERVE BROTH, add carrots, celery, onion, parsley, rice, and tomatoes, simmer for 30 min. Add the chicken and cheese just prior to serving. Stir until well blended.

Serves a crowd!

No comments: