Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Salty or Sweet?


I made these a couple weeks ago. We liked them, but Iwas looking for a softer, sweeter dough like the pretzels from Auntie Anne's. These taste more like the one you buy in the frozen food section at the grocery store. Okay, a little better. But I've gotta say, I felt pretty hip when I saw these on the menu this past weekend at the Pioneer Woman/Smitten Kitten foodie retreat!

I made a couple with butter and loads of cinnamon sugar, as you can see those were the first to go, so no pic!

For the recipe and all the fun, click here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/04/you-must-make-these/

P.S. After searching far and wide, I think I found the perfect copy cat, Auntie Anne's recipe! I better make them soon before it gets any hotter here, and I lose interest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to say since Zana is gone I haven't been blogging! don't be offended!! but the pretzel look yum yum

Zana said...

WAHOOOOEEEEE!!! Let's have a party b/c I feel like celebrating...I should probably be emailing you this so that your comments are more focused on the good food pictures but I'm home & I have stories to share...lettuce talk:)

michelle said...

Emily was leaning over my shoulder last night when I pulled up your blog. "Why don't YOU ever make pretzels Mom? If Jody's your best friend why don't you make them so you can tell her how good they are?" Yeah. I think I'll do my blog-viewing while she's in school from now on. These look so warm and comforting, I kinda don't blame her. (Man-oh-man, am I a bread girl!) You are amazing Jody girl. Amazing AND inspiring. By the way....Smitten Kitten? That sounds...I don't know, like a strip club?
love ya!