Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Chicken "BACH-BACH" Salad!


This is hands down, the best chicken salad I've ever tasted! It won 1st place in the Taste of Home magazine way back around 1996! It's been a hit at Baby and Bridal showers ever since.

Last week the weather was amazing here, so we ate outside. Garrett had just finished loading up his plate and had set it on the ground. Our dog Jake seized the moment and went straight for the chicken salad! He left everything else alone! Garrett was pretty bummed, but I took it as a compliment! That dog's got taste!

Dog-Gone Good Chicken Salad

4 cups cooked chicken-cubed
1 1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved
1 cup finely chopped celery
3/4 cup chopped green onions
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tb regular mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/8 tsp ground mustard
1/8 tsp paprika
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted

In a large bowl combine, chicken, grapes, celery, onions and eggs. In another bowl combine the next 9 ingredients-stir until smooth. Pour over chicken mixture and toss gently. Stir in almonds and serve immediately-or refrigerate and add the almonds just before serving.

Gives you about 6 servings, plus one for the DOG!


5 comments:

michelle said...

Jody, I TOTALLY agree. This IS the best dogone chicken salad ever. We usually eat it for our Saturday Easter Egg Extravaganza. That's just a fancy term for the kids egg hunt in the back yard ;)
It is so SO good. One bite and you're hooked! This recipe should be in everyone's recipe repetoire. GREAT POST.

Lori said...

I love chicken salad and will make this soon. Question...do you use a Bosch or a Kitchen Aid? I am thinking I need a Bosch and I want your opinion.

Zana said...

I would like some bach bach salad now, a full week w/o my kitchen is becoming more unbearable by the day. Help, help.
Hope you have a yummy weekend.

Lori said...

Thanks for the input. What is a 10 cup food processor...if you want it, so do I:). I am thinking I need the Bosch...I think the bread making is killing my Kitchen Aid.

I am so ready for Zana to get back, so lonely without her!

Anonymous said...

okay totally missed this post- i love this recipe even though i haven't had yours i just love chkn salad on croissant rolls but i just ate chinese so the thought is actually making sick right now but i do love the pic of Jake :)