Thursday, April 30, 2009

AMPED UP Baked Beans!


This was a major hit with the fam! I love it when everyone is asking for seconds!
It would go good with a summer bar-b-que. Or as a main course with breadsticks or biscuits!

Amped Up Baked Beans-
Makes enough to fill a large crock pot!

In a med. skillet cook:
1 tube of SAGE Jimmy Dean Sausage
1 large yellow onion-chopped

Cook until sausage is nice and crumbly and almost done. Add to Crock pot, then add:

One regular size cans of:
Kidney beans-undrained
Black beans-drained
Red beans-drained
Northern white beans-drained
Butter beans-drained
Garbanzo-drained
Black eyed peas-drained
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 15 oz can stewed tomatoes-After I open the can, I use my scissors to snip the tomatoes until they're nice and small.
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup mustard
2 big handfuls of brown sugar
1 tsp garlic-minced
1/4 tsp dried rosemary-chopped up
6 to 7 dashes of Worcestershire sauce (about 2 tsp)
1 tsp maple flavoring or 1 Tb maple syrup
1 bay leaf

Stir until well combined. Turn to low-medium (My low is more like medium on my crock) and let it do it's thing for a good 2-3 hours! Don't forget to remove bay leaf!

1 comment:

Emily said...

First of all, this isn't Emily, it's Michelle. (Emily has been messing around with the computer.)Okay, these are some SERIOUS baked beans. I am totally excited! I just wrote down all the ingredients so I can buy them today. Sunday BBQ here we come!!!!
(Aaron just saw what I was copying and wants me to tell you in advance that he always knew you were a great friend and thanks you for your positive influence on his wife! :)