Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's not a party without the cheese ball!


I've seen different variations of this recipe. This one came to together sort of by accident. The page of the recipe book was accidentally turned by a fan in the room. I didn't catch it until I had added a few "extra" things! The end result was a real hit with everyone. I'm sort of curious to try the original to see if this accidental cheese ball really is better. Maybe next year.


FAVORITE SPRINGTIME CHEESE BALL~

2 -8 oz packages cream cheese
2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
3 Tb finely chopped green onions
3 Tb finely chopped green pepper
2-8 oz cans crushed pineapple-squeezed drained (1/2 cup packed)
2 1/4 tsp Lawry's season salt
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup finely chopped pecans or toasted almonds
2 Tb finely chopped parsley

In a med. size bowl thoroughly mix/mush the first 7 ingredients together. Form into two balls-or one log. Roll in your choice of nuts and parsley. Keep refrigerated until served. This goes great with Wheat Thins.



6 comments:

michelle said...

I never thought of making a cheeseball for Easter....LOVE IT!! When I make it, however, I think I will stick to your oringinal title, "The Accidental Cheeseball" The word accidental and cheeseball together...I don't know...I can't stop laughing...
love ya girlie

Zana said...

Do not post anymore recipes until I get back next week, tell Michelle to just be patient:)
I'm glad the fan didn't blow to the page that would have included shredded pork.

Zana said...

yes, I'm getting distracted...I should still be packing but I'm waiting for time to stand still.

Anonymous said...

i wish Kelsey liked cheese b/c i would make this one ! yum yum FYI I call you and your phone is BUSY all the time !!! mom said its b/c you are talking to Michelle! do I need to remind her how I handle situations like this one..Im sure she has fond memories of me yelling that you had to get off the phone b/c I was at your house..good times hehe

michelle said...

Okay. I hate to post twice on one recipe, but I MUST address a few issues. Number 1. Zana, it is not very "giving" of you to ask the rest of us to sit in a collective "BLOG SILENCE" because you are on vacation. Need I remind you that I have 6 children? Including 2 teenagers AND a 2 year old! My "patience supply" ran out in September 2008.
This is ONE of only TWO relaxing and therapeutic parts of my day. I need this blog. I really, REALLY need this blog.
Number 2. Tammy, please refer to the above reasons for tying up the phone lines with Jody. I really REALLY need to talk to her. It is the other therapeutic part of my day. I know that neither one of you would want to be responsible for a tired, overworked, and under-validated mother having a psychotic break! SO. Jody...keep blogging away. DON'T STOP. And Tammy, the next time you call and the line is busy, just smile and think of the children. Besides. She's probably talking to ZANA! ;)

something good said...

You guys are the best! You keep this food bloggin mama going!

The greatest gifts in life are sisters, true friends and chocolate!

Love ya!