Thursday, April 16, 2009

Let's start at the very beginning...Easter Appetizers



I'm a huge fan of deviled eggs. I always wonder why I don't make them more often- I have 2 recipes that I LOVE! You can't go wrong with either. Let me know your favorite!

Little Deviled Eggs

12 hard-cooked eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat works fine)
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp dried chives
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp dill weed (optional)
2 Tb milk
Fresh parsley and additional paprika

To cook eggs, layer in the bottom of a large pot. Cover with cold water to 1 inch above eggs. Bring to a boil then turn down heat to a simmer and cover pot. Cook for 15 minutes. Carefully place each egg in a bowl of cold water. Let sit for a few minutes then crack and peel eggs. Slice each egg in half. Remove yolks and set whites aside.

In a gallon size Ziploc bag, add yolks, next 10 ingredients. Seal bag, now sit down to watch your favorite show and start mushing the bag to death! You want a nice smooth texture. Cut tip off the bottom corner of bag and pipe into egg whites. Garnish lightly with parsley and paprika.

Here's another favorite Deviled Egg recipe that's just as good!

12 hard-cooked eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tb very Finely chopped green onions (tops and bottoms)
4 Tb Finely grated cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt (give or take a little)
1/8 tsp pepper

4 comments:

michelle said...

Okay, you ARE a gourmet. I have never in my life heard of or seen such fancy deviled eggs! Now I want to make them! Mine are pretty plain: mayo, ground mustard, salt and pepper. Sometimes a little white vinegar. I am truly, deeply impressed. A lesser woman might be a little annoyed that you haven't shared these earlier, but NOT ME. NO. I'll just make these tomorrow with my leftover easter eggs!
Thanks for posting!
PS. Hah hah Zanna. I'm first again. It's only cause I love her more. =)

Zana said...

Watch it there sister above me or we may just have to duke it out in person...& while we're at it we could have some deviled eggs?

Cheree said...

Okay, so I've never heard of piping them out through a bag! Brilliant. I've only ever made deviled eggs a handful of times. (Since the little guy is allergic to eggs, I haven't made them the last 2 years.) Anyhow, when I do remember making them, I recall being frustrated with getting the filling all pretty in the eggs. Thanks for the tip. And--your picture looks great!

Anonymous said...

Is this where the devil in you comes out??hmmmm in the kitchen and not in the room hehehehe Im sure Dave will now want to duke it out with me! BRING IT ON DOOSTER!!!