Thursday, April 30, 2009

Oatmeal and Rasinettes and Bears...Oh My!


This is my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe! I sometimes use it with the butterscotch chips and Toffee bits combo (Michelle's brilliant concoction!) Or just the plain ol' raisin variety.
Well, awhile back Dave had left a big bag of his favorite candy, raisinettes out in plain site! I had to do something with them! I brought my idea of the best treat and introduced it to Dave's and wa-law! I give you the perfect marriage...

Oatmeal Rasinette Cookies~
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees

1 1/2 sticks butter-room temp.
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups regular oats-or-2 1/4 cup quick oats(I HIGHLY recommend using quick!)
1 1/2 cups Raisinettes or whatever floats your boat!

In Bosch or kitchenaid bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla mix until smooth. Scraping sides of bowl. Add flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until combined. Add oats and mix again. Gently stir in raisinettes, because they are very sensitive!

Now, let the dough sit for 10 to 15 minutes in bowl. This lets the eggs absorb into oats and flour to get a better looking and tasting cookie. To make cookies, scoop 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie (the perfect sized cookie, I think!) on a parchment lined cookie sheet - 12 fit on a rimmed sheet.

Bake no longer than 10 minutes-if you like a crispy edge and a chewy center....oh my!
Bryn got a little creative with Mrs. Pac Man!

7 comments:

Zana said...

OKAY...now you've done real good here. I have my next dinner & dessert as soon as I buy some butta beans (can't wait to try that soup)
Tell Brynee that I really appreciated the Pac-Man picture:)

Anonymous said...

i want to make them right now and then sit down and watch a movie by myself and eat all the them! no im not kidding! i told Kelsey I want a pac man game and he went to look them up $2,000 bucks! very cute

Zana said...

James forgot to pick up the raisinettes...waaahhhh. I have to wait a whole 'nother day:(

Anonymous said...

let me see some new pictures of all the glorious food you are not sharing with us! lets go girls you are both really slacking!

Lori said...

I loved the cookies...so did my waistline!

Mark and Maria said...

Hey, I haven't visited your blog for a while and have been missing out. I LOVE all your recipes...well, I haven't tried them YET, but they sure look good. I think Suzy is going to make the chicken salad recipe for mother's day dinner. She just told me today that you have a really good recipe. I'm NOT giving my dog any tastes!! :)

Stuart♥Maren said...

These are GREAT... thanks for sharing!