Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tasty Turkey Tacos



We are huge Taco fans! They're a regular meal around here. I don't use red meat very often and I love the fact that no one even notices. I use my own spices instead of the package seasoning and I'm telling you, it's way better! I also don't deep fry the tortillas, way to stinky and fattening. I cook them an electric grill, they don't get as crispy, but they're still rather tasty! This is a fast and healthy meal that always satisfies the Mexican food craving I have almost everyday!

Healthy Turkey Tacos

1 package (about 1 pound) ground turkey-7% fat
1 tsp. Seasoned Salt (Lawry's)
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 large garlic clove, minced)
1/2 tsp Garlic salt (I love Lawry's)
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp oregano
1/4 heaping cup dried onions (or 1/2 cup chopped onions)
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes-optional
*corn tortillas
* Pam Spray

In a large skillet on med heat, add turkey and all seasonings. Mix together until meat is fully cooked.

Taco shells:

Heat electric grill. Generously spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Place on grill and cook, turning over to cook both sides. They are done when you see a few brown spots. Don't over cook or they get a little tough!

printable recipe

5 comments:

Jessica said...

These look so yummy. I have turkey thawing out for another meal, but I just might have to make these tonight. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipes! You're the best! Miss seeing you on Sundays!

michelle said...

CALL ME RIGHT NOW!!!

Zana said...

Say what?! You posted without calling? The nerve.

I just learned on Sunday that all my girls will eat tacos, now I need to make these!!!

Lori said...

Are those the yummy tortillas from Costco that come raw? We love those! I feel your bitterness about your trip, that is just plain not fair to be that sick while on vacation. I demand a re-do!

Anonymous said...

ok finally i can say i did something just like you in fact we probably made them the same day! mine were delicious b/c i use taco bell seasoning :)who could ever go back to regular meat barf.