Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Turkey Sliders...it's what's for dinner!





The picture isn't great, but the meal was! The whole fam gave this one a ten! It's not your typical burger-this one has a little flare to it. If you love basil and feta, you'll be in burger heaven!


Turkey Sliders

1 package Pepperidge Farm Slider buns
1 package-about 1.20 pounds lean ground turkey (I used 7% fat)
2/3 cup crumbled feta
1 Tb fresh basil-chopped
(I use Gourmet Garden pictured above. You can find it in the produce section. I freeze it and when I need it for a recipe I let it sit out for about 10 min. to slightly thaw. It's as good as fresh and never goes bad!)
1/4 heaping tsp sea salt
1/4 scant tsp freshly ground pepper

In a bowl, mush ingreds. together with your hands. Be careful not to over mix-it will make them tough. Form into patties -shape and size to your liking. Just remember they shrink considerably! Throw them on whatever grill you've got. I used my electric grill.

These toppings really make these sliders divine!

-Sliced cucumbers-it really adds a nice crunch and flavor!
-Thinly sliced red onions
-Ranch Dressing-I used Hidden Valley Light.
I'm gonna go wipe my mouth from all the excess drooling...excuse me!

3 comments:

Zana said...

When did you sneak this recipe in??? What a perfect mini meal, do you think Tammy will want to make it for me? Stop laughing...she will be reading this comment as soon as she gets off her vacation to come here & be supernanny. She's going to have my girls on a tight schedule, by the time she leaves us Amelia will be reading & sewing her own clothes! Can't wait.

Zana said...

this is rally BAMBAM making a comment b/c my account won't work here. What is up with a tube of basil!!! all i need is a leaf and im good for about a year! you should actually sell this to Chilis' b/c their recipe for slider are not very good and they aren't good for you either! looks yummy and Zana is going to have to wait until October to try these puppies im good for sugar treats and thats about it.

Lori said...

I just wanted you to know that I made these and loved them...thanks for sharing!