Monday, August 24, 2009

Peaches 'n Cream Pie!

"I've always wanted peaches 'n cream skin, maybe if I eat more of this pie, it might help." This is what I say to myself every time I come face to face with this divine creation!
Michelle introduced me to this pie years ago, and I've been gushing about it ever since! I can't resist making it a number of times during the peach season, hence, the reason I find myself making excuses to eat more of it! Good luck resisting this one!

COOKIE PAT CRUST

1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter-melted
2 Tb sugar

In bowl, combine ingredients together and pat evenly into pie pan. My pie dish is 9 1/2 inches so the dough doesn't reach all the way to the top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until just starting to lightly brown. Let cool. I usually make the crust the night before.

FILLING

1 cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup)
3 Tb peach jell-o
4 Tb cornstarch
1 cup water
juice of 1/2 lime or 1/4 lemon

In saucepan whisk together the first 3 ingreds. Add water and lime juice and cook over medium/high heat, stirring constantly until mixture is gel like and clear. About 5 min. Remove from and and cool. I put the pan in a big bowl of ice water to cool faster.

BLANCHING THE PEACHES
For easy peeling!

5 large ripe peaches

Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add peaches-carefully remove after a few minutes and peel off skins. Slice peaches-med. thin.

CREAM LAYER

4 oz cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cup powdered sugar

In small bowl combine. Spread in the bottom of cooled pastry shell. Next, layer the peach slices and pour gel mixture evenly over peaches. I don't use all the gel mixture it makes a little too much, I pull out about a heaping 1/4 cup. Chill pie for 2 hours.

Top pie with freshly whipped cream, sweetened to your liking, and 1/2 cup lightly toasted chopped pecans (optional).

5 comments:

Zana said...

this is TAMMY!! who do you think you are Willis??? (say it in the Different Strokes kind of way:) )
I am going to make it today just for Zana! mom is here today! have fun with your new 15 year old!!!! hehehe

Zana said...

So IMPRESSED. You posted while packing! I'm glad you did a dessert b/c that increases the odds of Tammy making it by 100%

I'll call you tomorrow to tell you how yummy it was:)

Anonymous said...

You can make this again any time for me. :-) Heh, heh,....hint, hint. It was de-lish!!

Stuart♥Maren said...

I think I might just have to wander on over to Zana's today... "la, la, la... oh, Tammy - nice to meet you... oh, what is this on the counter - no, I couldn't - well, ok... if you insist" :)

I too am impressed... as I clicked on your blog I thought "she is moving, there is no way there is something new - so I will just drool over the older post" Boy was I excited!

(I hope you don't feel too stalked... just a little) :)

something good said...

You guys are too nice! Okay, I'll get back to packing now...or maybe I should make some cupcakes! Bad girl, bad girl!