Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh, the Many Possibilities of Meatballs!



This meatball goes great with any recipe. From spaghetti to Swedish meatballs-you can't go wrong! I always double the batch, then freeze them. Makes tons! I can get about 3 to 4 dinners out of it!

Favorite Meatballs-

Panade(the glue that holds them together)

1/4 cup bread crumbs or 1 slice good quality white bread, crust cut off, torn into small pieces.
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup half & half

In a small bowl combine above ingredients. Mix well-set aside.

1 pound Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage-use the Mild flavor if you don't like a slight kick!
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup grated yellow onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp baking POWDER

In your Kitchenaid bowl, beat together the panade mixture, the pork and all seasonings until well combined. With the dough hook, mix in ground beef until just combined. Don't over mix this part, or meat will turn out too tough!

Shape the mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls. Keep a small bowl of water nearby to keep you hands wet while doing this. It helps keeps the meat from sticking to your hands.

Place on rimmed cookie sheet. Bake at 410 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Be careful not to over cook!

Some of my favorite recipes to go with these...coming soon!

3 comments:

Zana said...

are you sure that my broccoli will cook that fast on broil? I'm so curious I'll just have to go buy some now.

I like the line up of meatball options...I'd like to order the #3 as a combo with a drink please & I'd like that delivered.

I promise a HUGE tip if you show up at my door:>

Anonymous said...

Its official and this time I really mean you are out of control! how many meals do you make in a day? answer me right now or you'll get a knuckle sandwich or is that a meatball sandwich :) looks great and amazing like always.. by the way i am getting your raisinette cookie recipe right now!

Hillary said...

hey how are you doing? I really miss seeing you around town! Did your house sell? I hope your family is well!