Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fast and Yummy Fish Tacos!

I had to hurry and take a picture before Dave wolfed down the last taco standing!

The only Fish Taco I've ever had feelings for was from Rubios Mexican Grill. Unfortunately I haven't lived near a Rubios in years. Michelle gave me this recipe and guaranteed a happy Fish Taco reunion...let's just say, reunited and it tastes so good!

Fish Tacos

1 box Gortons Beer Battered fish sticks - I have used a few different brands and have liked them all, but Michelle swears by Gortons.
1 package white corn tortillas - warmed
Coleslaw ingredients:
1 package shredded cabbage mix
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Zest from 2 limes - I love my micro-plane tool, it makes it so easy!
Juice from 2 limes
2 tsp sugar - I add a little more
salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste - don't be afraid of the salt, it makes the dish!
Bake fish sticks according to directions. Place baked fish sticks of paper towels to drain any excess oil.
In a medium bowl combine slaw ingredients.
To warm tortillas-moisten 3 paper towels, squeeze out excess water and wrap around a pile of 6 to 8 tortillas. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
Put tacos together and garnish with cilantro. I told you they were fast!


I would double this recipe for a family larger than 4 people.
Bryn hates anything fish, so I substitute chicken nuggets for the fish and she loves it!
One more thing, the coleslaw goes great as a side with any other Mexican dish!



4 comments:

Zana said...

I'm your blog stocker, maybe b/c food is on my mind non-stop? These will be so good with TJ's fresh salsa! I just wish I had all the ingredients today-aargh.

michelle said...

Jody..Is it just me or did you forget the JUICE of two limes?
Essential stuff baby. I'm sooo glad you like these as much as we do. I am LOVIN the blog!

something good said...

Big WOOPS! Thanks Michelle! I hope no one has made them yet! They would not be the same without the JUICE baby!!!

Zana said...

So I made them last night and James & I both agreed that they were damn good.