Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Homemade Ranch Dressing

I've been a ranch dressing fan since my college days! BYU has the best Ranch dressing I've ever tasted! I'm pretty sure I can blame my freshman 20 on it! I wonder if it's still the same 20 years later? I have strong feelings against bottled ranch, I've never tasted one and asked for it's number. The only ranch I've ever given my full support, is Hidden Valley packets. Then comes along Michelle with her mom's homemade version that she swears by (she only swears about food). She was right, so yummy and so easy! Over the years I've made a few changes to it. But trust me, nothing is better with your veggies than homemade ranch!

Homemade Ranch Dressing

1 cup buttermilk
1 cup mayonnaise*
1/2 tsp garlic salt--I use 1 scant tsp
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp Accent
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper--I use 1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 cup sour cream--optional
1 tsp flaked parsley--optional

In a bowl whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Store in fridge until your ready to make your veggies sing. :)
*When I'm trying to be really healthy, I use Vegenaise. It can be found in the health food section in the refrigerator. It's a heart healthy alternative to mayo.

Printable recipe

6 comments:

Zana said...

Let's go on a road trip & make our own womens confernce weekend :) But first I'll make this recipe so I can dare to compare. By the way...where are all your cinco de mayo recipes???

Anonymous said...

you are sooo funny"never gave my number to" what is that who thought of saying that about dressing!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck! What am I even doing sitting in front of the computer screen...I'd rather be doin' laundry & that ain't no lie sistas! I read Michelle's comment about "my" sugar cooks. Oh how wonderful to have her appreciate the recipe so. Michelle - you are the greatest!! Okay - doesn't "accent" have MSG in it? And why am I feeling such anger stir up inside me as I look at all these incredible foods...none of which I'm partaking of? Whateva...I gotta go put a load in. I'm gonna start a laundry picture blog so all of you can see what clean laundry really is...oh & also how amazing my laundry room can be. Prepare to feel laundry envy soon! We all have our gifts...

Anonymous said...

I am editing what I said...it's how amazing A laundry room can be. I'm sure you could all use my help.

something good said...

Laura-you're a blogging natural! Your laundry blog could be a huge hit. Tibe would pay you big bucks!

Thanks for making me laugh

michelle said...

Laura, yes Accent has MSG in it, but just a teeny tiny amount. This dressing really IS that good!
(Almost as good as your cookies!) And one other thing: If you started a laundry blog, I would follow it religously. I think my feelings about laundry are almost as strong as my feelings about food.
I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!! (Laundry, not food) Thanks for ispiring me to get off this blog and get back to the grossness that is teenage boy laundry.
My family thanks you.

I thank you.

Would you consider re-doing MY laundry room? Pro-bono?

OKAY I WILL QUIT STALLING AND DO THE LAUNDRY ALREADY.


(maybe)