Saturday, December 26, 2009

SNOW BALLS and PEANUT BUTTER BALLS!

The Nor'easter hit us hard, but we loved every minute of it!



This was our first WHITE Christmas -Bryn's dream come true! The hot hot hot chocolate station kept our toes nice and warm. The best part for me was having all the extra hands I needed to roll the peanut butter balls. We added another ball this year...Oreo truffles. They were a hit!

Hope you had a ball this Christmas too!



Peanut Butter Balls

2 cubes butter-soft
1 1/2 package finely crushed graham crackers
1 pd. powdered sugar (1 box or 3 3/4 cups unsifted)
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter-I use Jif
2 bags milk chocolate chips - Guittard or Hershey are the best
1/8 of a parafin wax bar (optional)

Put graham crackers in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Use a rolling pin crush into fine crumbs. Pour into a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Form into 1 inch balls-place on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper, and put in the freezer to firm for about 20 to 30 minutes.

In a double broiler melt chocolate chips with 1/8 of a parafin wax bar. You don't have to use the wax. Dip ball and let set in the freezer. Store in Ziploc in the freezer.



Oreo Truffles

1 package Oreos
1 package cream cheese

Mix in a food processor or a mixer with the whipping hook, until mixture is completely creamed and no white remains. Form into balls and set in freezer. Follow dipping instructions for pb balls.

4 comments:

Zana said...

this is your haggard old sister speakin' from the heart . . .

What the freak!!! You are living the life WHATEVER I so did not know your house was two story traditional I HATE YOU YOU AND ZANA THINK YOU"RE SO HOT!!

You might not have your family close by but you don't have a stucco cheese ball house so quit cha Whinin' just make me a guest bedroomsister cause I'm crashin' your place soon I can't wait for Christmas. I'm thinking cherry blossom time! Luv ya you gingerbread show off puttin Martha Stewart to shame! Sorry I can't talk to you bye

Zana said...

seriously...picture purrfect, although a certain meow meow would have liked to have been curled up in front of your fireplace

michelle said...

You DO realize that THIS is why some people have issues with blogs.
WAAAY too much perfection goin' on in Virginny. The hot hot HOT chocolate station?
Oh my hell, Jody.


Yeah.
I said hell.

Zana said...

oh Meechelle...you make me laugh b/c I love a girl that uses the word 'hell' in perfect context! I was feeling bad for my husband b/c he doesn't have a wife like Jody (all I did was break off a piece of Hersheys Symphony bar and shared it with him)

Loved your christmas card! Deb even got to meet you through your photo...all she said was "beautiful" b/c you know we only pay attention to the moms in pictures :)