Wednesday, October 7, 2009

GORGONZOLA PENNE with CHICKEN - Taste of Home Grand Prize Winner!

You can always trust a Grand Prize recipe from Taste of Home. We served this to guests and got rave reviews! It was easy and impressive-like a fancy Italian restaurant.
Bon Appetit!

Gorgonzola Penne with Chicken

Ingredients
1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
6 to 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and minced fresh parsley

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper; cook just until cheese is melted.

Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and parsley.
Feeds about 8 happy guests.

3 comments:

Zana said...

Ah ha, you thought you could sneak this one by me. Well I get to be the first to tell you that you knowa we lova anythinga witha pasta...yum.

michelle said...

Okay Jody, you have definitely been holding out on me. I thought you had a blood vendetta against penne! (The sage must be the key, secret ingredient I'm thinking? Never would have thought of sage....) But I digress. I was so hoping to see some of your famous fall foilage, if you know what I mean. Instead, you have been partying with OTHER friends. Feeding them grand prize pasta.

Whatev...(to quote Spencer)
I know my place.

Just remember, Cheree is coming THIS weekend, tomorrow, in fact, with her super-duper-video-to-web-camera-thing-a-ma-bob, and I will have ACTUAL FOOTAGE of my domicile and fall foilage, if you know what I mean, and yes, I know this is a terrible run-on-sentence. SO. Let us not forget what we promised to do.

PROMISED.

enough guilt for ya?

J/K Jody. You know I'm just teasing you! :)


kind of.


By the way, the word verification I am being asked to spell today sounds like a hormone patch. TROMERA. "Ask your doctor about TROMERA today, I'm glad I did!"

Anonymous said...

now you are moving to fast and I can't keep up with you!
what is your family going to do when you leave for 2 weeks!! Partay at Zana's house!
Actually you will probably get take out every night and refuse to cook anything b/c you won't get approvals from Tessa, she will just say "i don't like it" but Milly will eat all of it as long as you say "Meow loves this" and Liza will ask for a piece of bread and Summer will wonder who she should join forces with and then give up b/c it was to difficult and eat it for you and tell you she loves you very much and Zana will be sitting on the couch loving every minute of it and James will be sad b/c you won't star tcooking until he leaves!