Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Sandwich Lovin...Happened So Fast!

Meet my sister Zana, her tummy, and a yummy sandwich!
(That's Zana's shirt, not her skin :)

This is the perfect sandwich to shake you out of the same ol' sandwich blahs! Don't get scared when you read the ingredients. I personally have never bought Russian dressing in my life, but it seriously makes the sandwich. I've served it to family, friends and an unborn baby boy, and they all agree, this is the perfect summer sandwich!

Turkey Coleslaw Sandwich

6 Kaiser Rolls
1/2 lb Oven Roasted shaved turkey from the Deli
6 slices Havarti cheese
Russian Dressing-I used Ken's Steakhouse, it looked the creamiest (If you can't find creamy Russian Dressing, use a good quality Thousand Island-I hear they're pretty similar:)
1 bag of shredded cabbage - recipe follows

In a medium bowl empty the bag of shredded cabbage - add 3 Tb sugar, 1 Tb apple cider vinegar, and 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I use light). Toss well to combine.

Lightly butter rolls and broil until lightly browned.

To assemble sandwiches, spread a thick layer of coleslaw then the turkey and a slice of cheese. On the top bun, spread a generous amount of Russian dressing. Happy Summer Eating!

5 comments:

Cheree said...

Looks delicious!!! I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

okay the hair is just a little gross but then again we are talking about Dave :) i still can't believe how he can really push it out! I want to see an amzaing blog w/pics of my kids all over it!!! and yes the pressure is on :) luvs

Zana said...

Whaaaat in da' world??? My tummy has veins, not hair! You're freaking me out. Everyone who reads your blog better know Daves hidden talents.

something good said...

Sorry girls, that's Zana's shirt not Dave's tummy...which by the way is NOT hairy, Miss Tammy! You guys crack me up! Makes me miss you more!

LUF!

michelle said...

Jody, just wanted you to know that after the "dressing-drama" subsided, we were left with a truly divine sandwich experience! Aaron and the boys literally wolfed these down. (I hid the leftovers for later...hee hee)
Thanks for an amazing summer meal!