Friday, April 3, 2009

Peanut Butter Blossoms!

I've been wanting to make these for years! I saw this clever little creation in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine 14 years ago! I've been staring at the pic/recipe for way too long-today's the day to create bouquet's of yumminess in my kitchen...


Peanut Butter Blossoms

1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter-rm. temp
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter-I love Jif for baking
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

In a med. size bowl whisk together the flour, salt, soda-Set aside. In mixer cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add egg and vanilla until combined-scraping sides of bowl. Add dry ingred. Mix until combined. Don't over mix.

Roll dough into 1 1/4 in balls. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes. Don't over bake! They're done when you start to see cracks in the cookies.

Let cookies cool on rack for at least 10-15 minutes before you place half of a miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cup on them. If you do this too soon, the cup melts into a big blob! Decorate when cookie is completely cooled.

When all is said and done, I need a little more chocolate with my peanut butter-Bring on the KISSES!


8 comments:

Zana said...

Are you trying to rub in the fact that we are really missing out by not living next door to you?
Summer, Tessa, Liza & Amelia said that they are willing to jump in the car & move in with you...they didn't even hesitate.

Zana said...

that was before I even showed them the picture of the cookies so I just called them in and this was their reaction...
AHHHHH - can I have one or did they eat them all? (summer)
OOOOOOh - those are soooo cute, where are those cookies? (tessa)
I wannnsome (amelia)

Stuart♥Maren said...

OH. MY. HEAVENS. Those are the most darling cookies EVER!

(and I am with amelia)... I WANNNSOME!

Stepper the Mighty said...

these are adorable! I wannasome too!

I'm excited to try a bunch of the recipes found on your blog. Thanks for sharing them!

do you have a good recipe for apple crisp or apple pie? It's the hubby's fave, and I have no idea how to create. I made a pie, once, and to me it tasted like cardboard. With a dash of cinnamon.

And to answer your question: yes. My occlusal guard has made a WORLD of difference. and it hasn't even been a week! Doc said it would probably take a few weeks to feel real relief, but here I am chewing comfortably and I can close my mouth all the way (couldn't before) and all is well. Also: if you have better insurance than mine, they usually cost only around $250 - $300.

Plus, they're awfully sexy.

Lori said...

GET OUT OF HERE! Those are soo cute. If Zana moves I have to come as well...

michelle said...

I see that spring has sprung at the Harrell home! TOO cute. I can't believe you made individual flowers on each cookie JUST for your family. Do they know and understand how a hand can cramp up after piping the first 3 or 4? Do they appreciate the artistic splash of color with the reds, yellows and greens? Do they? DO THEY?!?! I think not. That privelege is reserved for those of us who DON'T get a bite. THAT is the reason to do this blog, Jody. So we can all give you the validation you so totally and utterly deserve. Darling, DARLING cookies!

Anonymous said...

okay that does it! I know I tell you to do these things and then I get very angry inside when I see that you have accomplished it! well maybe not angry but jealous.. they look like the cover of a magz. why didn't you ever make them with me around? Don't forget Ashlin has you and only you as the one who can cure her wart so be prepared! And maybe you should make these with a summer theme and send some home with them! :)

Zana said...

just waiting to see pictures from your easter dinner...hurry and eat already!!!