Saturday, March 14, 2009

Easy and Elegant Asparagus


I love this vegetable! It makes any meal look fancy-smancy! It's been on sale lately, so we've been enjoying this veggie a few different ways-I'll post those recipes later.
If your asparagus is pencil thin, it can easily over-cook. Be sure to cut broiling time by a minute or two. Try not to buy spears that are really thick, they are too woody.


Fast Broiled Asparagus
Cooks Illustrated

Snap about 2 inches off the bottom of each spear.

On a rimmed cookie sheet. Toss 2 pounds asparagus with 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Place on highest rack in oven. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Shake the pan once half way through cooking.

4 comments:

Zana said...

Are you just trying to give me a subtle hint...b/c I'll take it. Bring on those collard greens sister!!! (I just felt like sounding a little southern & it was really hard to say asparagus with an accent...try it)

Anonymous said...

Finally! My favorite veggie and even the kids love them! kelsey is very proud b/c i know you care what he thinks..they clean your liver out which is why you know what stinks when you pee so THEY(not the government but people who actually know what they are talking about) say you should eat it every 10 days but don't overdo it! love you

Zana said...

Tammy thinks she is so well informed...well I checked with Snopes.com and...she's right ha ha
just kidding Bam, I would never double check your husbands knowledgeable knowledge!

You need to call me & I'm trying every form of communication to contact you:)

Anonymous said...

Im with Zana its like you live on Mars maybe it is time for a little visit home and have mom tuck you in and i'll treat you to a Basilas salad! come home foda woda