Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie...for now

I love cookies! I'm always trying to find that to die for recipe. This one is oatey, and chewy with a crisp edge ~ just remember to not over bake!

Preheat oven 375 degrees

Cream together:
1 cube soft butter
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 egg
1/4 c. milk

in med mixing bowl whisk together:

3 c. oats
1 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon

Blend with creamed mixture and add:

1 c. walnuts or pecans - chopped
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips - I love guitard
1 c. raisins

Eat the dough to your hearts content, then bake some if you feel like it.

Bake 10 min

If you don't have a cookie scooper you're missing out once again!
Tammy's creation :o)

1 comment:

Zana said...

Sorry, just can't help myself, just hafta say something...made bread this afternoon and we literally ate it for dinner, nothin' else. Bread is the staff of life! So are your cookies!